Lettuce bowls filled up with flavourful spiced cous cous, with meatballs and chipotle dressing.
- 400g pack of Smorgasbord Original Swedish Meatballs
- 1 large iceberg lettuce
- Feta cheese
COUS COUS INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- Handful of sultanas
- 1 packet of fajita spices or any other spice mix that you fancy (you can also use stock)
CHIPOTLE DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 and a half tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (if you can´t find this, chipotle chilli paste works just as well and can be found at major supermarkets)
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped or pressed
- For the chipotle dressing simply combine the ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and process until smooth. Make sure to adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To prepare the meatballs – we did this using an air frier. We cooked our meatballs for 15 mins at 150° C in the air frier until nice and crisp. You can achieve the same by grilling until slightly toasted or frying in a pan without oil.
- In a frying pan prepare the ingredients for the cous cous, fry off the tomato, red pepper and onion with a little oil until tender.
- To prepare the cous cous bring water, salt, and olive oil to a boil in a medium saucepan, add your chosen spice mix (you can use fajita spices or alternatively stock). Add the cous cous to the pan and stir quickly. Remove from the heat and cover with a lid or plate.
- Let couscous stand for around 5 minutes, until tender.
- Once 5 mins have passed uncover the cous cous, add a tablespoon of good quality olive oil and fluff with a fork.
- Finally you can fill your bowl. Remove the outer leaves of the lettuce, wash and pat dry with a towel. Place on a serving plate or bowl and fill with cous cous. Top with chipotle dressing and crumble a little feta cheese on top to finish.