Mozarella Meatball Crostini
This recipe is perfect for taking along to summer garden parties. You can also swap the mozzarella for goats cheese or any other type of cheese that melts well under the grill.
400g pack of Smörgåsbord Original Swedish Meatballs
Bread of your choice – we used wholegrain seeded baguettes
Mozzarella, drained and sliced
Salt and pepper
Salad to serve
- Begin by gently frying off the meatballs. We did this in an air frier, but you can also do this in a frying pan or under the grill. No need to add extra oil, this way the skin of the meatballs will turn nice and crisp.
- Cook gently until they slightly darker in colour.
- Meanwhile slice your bread and lay onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Coat each slice of bread with a generous amount of tomato sauce, let it absorb slightly and add a little more to each.
- Next, place a meatball on top of each of the mini crostini and lay over your mozzarella or alternative cheese choice.
- To finish, top with oregano, salt and pepper. To add an extra kick you can also sprinkle with some chilli flakes if you like spice.
- Place under the grill until the cheese has melted, we left ours a little extra time as we love crispy crostinis.
- Once the crostini have reached your preferred crispiness, remove from the oven and place on a serving plate. Serve warm with salad and extra sauce for dipping.
- Be sure to make plenty as these are irresistibly moreish.