- 1 x 400g pack Smorgasbord Original Swedish Meatballs
- 50gr of Chestnut Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 small tbsp Green Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 150ml Organic Double Cream
- 1 tbsp chopped Chives
- 10ml Brandy
- 100ml water
- Lemon Zest
This is a lovely sauce based on steak au poivre, genuinely nice with these meatballs.
- First, in a medium heavy duty sauté pan, on medium heat, add the oil.
- When hot but not smoking, throw in the meatballs and roast gently until golden brown and shiny. Add the chestnut mushrooms to the meat balls when they are half way roasted.
- Remove and keep aside. In the same pan, add the brandy (Be careful at this stage not to burn yourself, so keep away from the pan as you need to create a small flame which will evaporate the alcohol).
- Then almost straight away add the water, cream and peppercorn. Simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add a pinch of salt if necessary, then add the meatballs to warm up. Add the chives, a little freshly grated lemon zest and serve hot with a lovely pilau rice, or creamy mash if you prefer.