Smörgåsbord Swedish meatballs with a creamy sauce with sautéed ham, chilli and spring onion.
- 200g Smörgåsbord Original Swedish Meatballs
- 2tbsp of good quality olive oil
- 50g of cooked ham, cut in cubes and blanched
- A pinch of chopped chilli, mild
- A pinch of chopped fresh spring onions.
- 1 table spoon of mustard
- 15g of bread crumbs
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 100ml whipping cream
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat, add the meat balls. Pan-roast until golden brown, but not dark.
- Add the blanched cooked ham and return to the heat for a few minutes until the mix obtains a rich golden tone. Then, add the chicken stock, and reduce the heat, simmer slowly until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Now add the cream and mustard to the sauce, and cook slowly until the sauce slightly coats the back of the spoon.
To finish off, dress with the chilli, spring onion and bread crumbs and serve with some lovely penne pasta.