Smörgåsbord Chicken Meatballs with coconut cream, chilli and lemon grass
- 400g Smorgasbord Chicken Meatballs
- 1 small Chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 stick Lemongrass, bruised
- 1 tsp Curry powder (good quality)
- 1 tin Coconut Milk or Cream
- 250ml Chicken stock
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- Zest and juice of one Lime
- 1 small handful of chopped fresh Coriander leaves
- Marinate the lemongrass in the coconut milk/cream with the chilli and the lime zest. Keep juice aside for now.
- In a heavy non-stick pan, on medium heat, add both oils, and meatballs and start giving a light golden colour for about 5 minutes, do not burn them.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside keeping them warm.
- In the same pan add the chicken stock, that should create steam, and straight away reduce it to a quarter, then add the rest of the garnish including the lemon grass which will give a lovely scent and flavour, make sure the chilli is not too much, as it will be hot.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer slowly until they are hot inside. Check your seasoning and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves. Serve straight away with a Thai rice or steamed rice, and with Pak Choi if you want.
- That should really tickle you, loved it when we made it!