Smörgåsbord Meatballs and Chestnut Mushrooms
- 400g Smorgasbord meatballs
- 25g Unsalted Butter
- 500ml brown Chicken stock.
- 200g Chestnut Mushrooms, washed, cut in four
- 2tbsp Parsley, chopped
- This is an amazingly simple recipe, which respects the qualities of these original meatballs. It does go super well with the mushrooms and the fresh tagliatelle.
- In a heavy bottom non-stick pan, on medium heat, gently pre-roast the meatballs to a golden-brown colour, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, throw in the mushrooms and gently roast them until soft. Add stock, add the meatballs, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Check the seasoning, then add fresh parsley. You should now have a beautiful not too reduced sauce, as you will need plenty of sauce for your pasta.
- Enjoy this simple, yet lovely flavour.