Smörgåsbord meatballs with fresh zingy apple and ginger and a beef jus. This recipe serves 2.
- Smörgåsbord meatballs with gently caramelised shallots, Brussel sprouts and chestnuts.
- *This dish serves 2 people.
- 200g of Smörgåsbord meatballs
- 200g of Brussels sprouts, washed ,prepped and cut in 4
- 1 nob of of butter
- 50ml of chicken stock
- 1 banana shallot or other shallot, peeled and sliced finely
- 50g of cooked chestnuts
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tiny pinch of turmeric
- Salt, pepper
- Our chef recommends blanching the Brussels sprouts straight after prepping, so they stay very green. *Also don´t discard the outer leaves, the can be used at the end, or in a small salad.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and the butter, when foaming the mix begins to bubble, add in the Brussel sprouts and the shallots and pan fry them gently until they obtain a lovely intense colour, about 3-5mins.
- Next add the stock and cook over a low-medium heat until the sauce has reduced a little and just coats the vegetables. Add in the Smörgåsbord meatballs and fry gently, adding the chestnuts (slightly crushed), and a pinch of turmeric.
- Season to taste, and serve.