Smörgåsbord Original Meatballs Basquaise
- 400g pack Swedish Original Swedish meatballs
- 1 Bouquet Garni
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large Tomatoes, cut in half, de-seed, dice
- 1 Red Pepper, cut in four, de-seed, dice
- 1 Green Pepper, cut in four, de-seed, dice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 small Chilli, cut in half, de-seed, chop
- 20 cl of White Wine
- 6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Parsley washed and chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a heavy bottomed sauté pan, pour in the olive oil. When warm but not smoking, throw in onions, garlic, and simmer until soft. Add chopped peppers, chilli, and again simmer until soft. When ready, add white wine, let it evaporate for a few minutes, or until reduced by a quarter, then add bouquet garni, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes. Add the meatballs, cover, and cook gently for a further 5 to 10 minutes until meatballs are hot in the middle. Check the seasoning and serve with some pasta.
You can also pre-cook the meatballs to give a lovely golden colour, then deglaze the pan with a touch of water to get the flavour and add to your other sauce.
Delicious sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley and eat while hot.