Smörgåsbord Veggie snack balls served with juicy sweetcorn and herby gravy, The perfect winter warmer for fussy eaters or plant-based diets. * Kids love this
- 200g of Smörgåsbord Veggie snack balls
- 2 whole corn cobs, blanched in a pan
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 100ml of vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion , sliced in julienne
- Good quality olive oil
- 1 nob of butter, 15g approx.
- Salt and black pepper
- First prepare the corn cobs. If you can buy fresh (corn inside the husks). The fist step is to remove the corn husks and the silks. Fill a large stock pot or Dutch oven to the half way with water, bring to the boil. *Don´t add salt to the water as this will make the corn tough.
- Add the corn on the cob, peeled and de-silked to the pan, cover and return to boiling. Cook for 5-7 mins on a steady boil. You will know when the corn is done as the yellow will look more intense and the kernels will be tender. Take care not to overcook as this will result in a mushy texture. Remove from the pan carefully with tongs, taking care not to burn yourself on the steam or water.
- In a non-stick sauté pan on medium heat add the oil and the onion, cook over a gentle heat until softened.
- Then, add the Smörgåsbord Veggie snack balls and stir occasionally, cook until the onions and veggie balls start to take on a little colour. When this happens, add the tin of sweetcorn followed by bay leaf and thyme. Stir so that the herbs start to release their fragrant flavours.
- After a minute or two, add the stock, simmer until the liquid is reduced by almost half, finish the dish with a nob of butter to help to create a shine on the sauce. Serve straight away, accompanied by the corn on the cob.
Simple and yet delicious!