Smörgåsbord Snack Balls with a velvety cream sauce, a touch of dill and tender potatoes. This recipe serves 2.
200g of Smörgåsbord Snack Balls
A few sprigs of fresh dill
1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped finely or pressed
100 ml of whipping cream
50 ml of vegetable stock
4 charlotte potatoes, peeled, and sliced to 1/2 a cm rounds
1 onion, peeled and sliced finely
1 nob of butter
2tbsp of good quality olive oil
Salt and black pepper
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add the oil. When hot but not smoking, add in the potatoes and start to cook until they become lovely and almost golden in colour. The potatoes should be soft and almost cooked through.
- Then, add the onion, garlic and the butter and continue to cook until they all take a golden-brown colour.
- When this happens, throw in the Smörgåsbord snack balls, and fry off gently until the meatballs brown.
- Remove from the pan and set aside in a side dish, but keep warm. Meanwhile in the same pan add the stock and heat to deglaze the pan a little (this helps to make the most of the juices from the onions and garlic). Next add the cream, and cook until the liquid has reduced by about half or until it coats the back of a spoon
- Return the snack balls and potato mixture back to the pan, add the chopped dill and bring back to a slow, gentle simmer. Now you will have all the flavours together, cook for a further 5-10 mins or until the potatoes are soft all the way through.
- Season to taste and enjoy while hot.